If you’ve played Team Fortress 2 or Dota 2 since the game’s release, you must be familiar with the case monetization system. A case, chest or box is a special item with other items “hidden” inside of it. What exactly the item is inside your case in advance to find out – that’s the whole point, which is quite strongly reeks of addiction.
Each case has certain skins inside that you can’t get from other cases. The steeper the skins inside, the more interesting the case becomes.
Both a cheap skin and a unique knife can fall out. But more about the chances of falling out below.
How to get a free case
The easiest way to get a case in CSGO is through the system of in-game drop items. After a match in official matchmaking or any other official mode from Valve, you may drop an item. As a rule, this is either a cheap weapon or our good old case.
The second way is to trade with other players. Regular cases are rarely traded, but those that are no longer free in-game are fully traded.
The third way is buying on the Steam trading platform. It is the same as in the second method, but here you exchange money for cases instead of skins for cases.
How to open a case
To open a case, you need to buy a key. The keys are sold in Gaben’s store and one key will cost 192 rubles to open the case at the time of this writing. There is no way to open a case without a key.
What can fall out of the case is written in the description of each box.
- Battle-hardened – the worst quality in the game, heavily shabby looking skins;
- Worn – the quality of skins improves slightly, there are fewer scratches and defects, but still a lot;
- after field testing – “average” amount of scuffs;
- slightly worn – little damage, but still noticeable;
- straight from the factory – the best quality skins in CSGO.
- white color – consumerism;
- light blue – industrial quality;
- dark blue – military quality;
- purple – forbidden;
- pink – classified;
- red – secret; red – secret;
- yellow – rare
Chance of dropping out a knife or expensive skin in CS:GO
CS:GO is played all over the world, and different countries have their own laws, some of which require developers to disclose the chance of falling out different skins from their cases. CS:GO is no exception. According to the latest data, the table with the chance of falling out the knife in CS:GO looks like this:
Is it possible to make money on cases in CS:GO
In principle, yes. And earnings are even guaranteed. But you don’t need to open cases inside CS:GO or on third-party sites with cases.
Scheme of earning on cashes CSGO is simple and consists of two ways:
- To wait for the release of a new update with the added case and go to farm it in matchmaking or official mode – in the first hours after the release of update cases on the trading floor, and wanting to buy – a lot. So at this time the price of the case is several times higher than the cost of the key, but it keeps dropping. Earlier forfarmed case – more money on Steam received.
- Buy cheap cases (we are talking about literally ruble cases, which are a dime a dozen on the market) and wait. And we are waiting for the moment when your case will not drop in the game. Sooner or later this will happen with any case, and after that the marketplace will begin to work – new cases on the market will not appear, but the old cases will gradually disappear. If inside the case are top skins, its value can exceed hundreds of rubles, but even if the skins inside are not the very top, its value will still increase compared to the ruble you paid for it. The main thing is to wait, and wait for such investments can be several years.
After all, if all users of case study sites were to come out in the black, there would be no sites, right?